Journey is on a mission to help people live happier, healthier lives through meditation. We’re passionate about changing the world and are looking for a great Sales Assistant to help us fulfil our mission.
You are a hard-working, go-getter who wants to learn and help change the world. You are caring, driven, know when to ask for help, and are highly coachable. You have strong attention to detail and organizations skills. You are passionate about meditation and the impact it can have. You want to learn how a startup works and grow both professionally and personally.
A typical day at our West Village office might include working with the sales team on a new effort for generating inbound leads, building a list of the top startups in Nashville, or brainstorming with our operations manager on improving client retention. Following a healthy lunch at the nearby sweetgreen, you might spend the afternoon drafting the next email campaign to top law firms, brainstorming with the sales team on increasing app engagement, and taking some time out to meditate on The Highline. You’ll learn how write effective sales emails, work with and sell to corporate decision makers, use cutting-edge software tools, and how a startup works. You’ll be working closely with our Founder & CEO, Stephen.
- Working with our sales team to create, optimize, and deploy sales campaigns
- Locating organizations and decision-makers within those organizations who can champion the benefits of mediation to their employees
- Ensuring that Journey’s sales team has a consistent stream of new sales opportunities to explore
- Experimenting with innovative ways to connect with prospective customers and spark their interest in Journey Mediation
- Supporting Journey sales representatives with managing opportunities as they progress through the pipeline
- Actively maintaining databases reflecting Journey sales development efforts
- Providing regular reporting of key performance indicators related to the above
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven reliability (we always check references via people you’ve directly reported to)
- Educated and friendly with technology (such as G Suite and how to use a CRM)
- Personal meditation practice
- Right to work in the US and NYC-based (non-negotiable)
Nice to Haves
- Silly dance moves for when we sign new customers
- Obsession with ice cream (Ample Hills is across the street!)
Journey is on a mission to help people live happier, healthier lives through meditation. Combining ancient wisdom and modern science, our simple yet powerful technique is your path to experiencing the significant benefits of meditation. Currently in 10+ cities and quickly growing, Journey’s heart and soul is its supportive and inclusive community. Our expert teachers host in person and online classes bringing together our simple meditation with practical life lessons.
Our company culture is immensely important to us and we look for people who will support and build it.
We are an emotionally safe environment where we show up authentically and bring our whole self to work. We are safe to take risks, be vulnerable in front of each other, and make mistakes.
We believe in continuous personal and professional growth and we will do our part to help you on that journey. Feedback is not helpful but required. Only through open, compassionate feedback can we grow.
Team members are fully empowered and take ownership for doing high-quality, on-time work. We all have full responsibility for the organization’s success; if we sense that something needs to happen, we have a duty to address it.
We trust our team fully and our business information is shared openly with all team members.
$35-45K plus benefits including medical, dental, vacation, weekly work from home day, and $1,000 per year for personal growth activities.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please keep your application conversational as we want to get to know you. :)