Journey is on a mission to help people live happier, healthier lives through meditation and we are seeking a passionate, inspired Operations Manager to lead all company operations. Our ideal candidate is looking to devote themselves to building the next great wellness company and making a tremendous impact on the world. This is an amazing opportunity for a detail-oriented go-getter seeking a leadership role at a fast-paced startup.
You are passionate and proficient in both written and spoken communications and see it as an integral part of company growth, client retention, and community development. You are a self-starter that thinks outside of the box, excels at creative problem solving, and is comfortable taking on projects that you have never done before! You are excited about managing and improving all aspects of the Journey experience for our team, clients, teachers, and community. You are a people-person - empathetic, self-aware, low ego, and extremely positive - and are comfortable working in a small collaborative team where you’ll wear many hats.
A typical day at our West Village office might include brainstorming an effective communication strategy with a current client, researching a creative new way to improve our operations, or working with marketing on a beautiful corporate newsletter. Following a healthy lunch at the nearby sweetgreen, you might spend the afternoon onboarding a new client, preparing for the next community class, or taking some time out to meditate on The Highline. You’ll be working closely with sales, teachers, clients, and reporting directly to our Founder & CEO, Stephen.
- Account Management/Client Services
- Build relationships with clients and play an instrumental part in client retention
- Handle all post-sale client communications:
- Onboard clients and set them up for success
- Schedule classes and teachers and keep customer data in central location
- Analyze client evaluations (attendance and impact metrics) and build client-facing presentations
- Build, improve and maintain Journey’s operational systems, processes, and policies
- Oversee supply management
- Generate weekly and monthly reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing corporate data
- Collaborate with marketing for content on client facing collateral development including operational guidelines and corporate best practices
- Teacher Success
- Work with Teacher Success Manager to facilitate teacher training
- Onboard all new teachers
- Manage a team of 40+ teachers nationwide
- 5 years of experience in Operations and/or Client Services
- Creative problem solver with a determination to succeed
- Independent and motivated, with the wisdom to seek help where needed
- Highly articulate, ability to communicate effectively both when speaking and writing
- Highly organized, with the ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable collaborating with different teams (product, sales, marketing, etc.)
Nice to Haves
- Experience at a startup
- Experience with Salesforce and automated mail systems
- Desire to make a tremendous impact on the world
- Silly dance moves for when we sign new customers
- Passion for delicious ice cream (Ample Hills Creamery is across the street!)
Journey is on a mission to help people live happier, healthier lives through meditation. Combining ancient wisdom and modern science, our simple yet powerful technique is your path to experiencing the significant benefits of meditation. Currently in 10+ cities and quickly growing, Journey’s heart and soul is its supportive and inclusive community. Our expert teachers host in person and online classes bringing together our simple meditation with practical life lessons.
Our company culture is immensely important to us and we look for people who will support and build it.
- We are an emotionally safe environment where we show up authentically and bring our whole self to work. We are safe to take risks, be vulnerable in front of each other, and make mistakes.
- We believe in continuous personal and professional growth and we will do our part to help you on that journey. Feedback is not helpful but required. Only through open, compassionate feedback can we grow.
- Team members are fully empowered and take ownership for doing high-quality, on-time work. We all have full responsibility for the organization’s success; if we sense that something needs to happen, we have a duty to address it.
- We trust our team fully and our business information is shared openly with all team members.
Please send the below to email@example.com:
- Information about yourself including your meditation experience
Please keep your application conversational, not formal, as we will be reading these ourselves and want to get to know you. :)