Journey is on a mission to help people live happier, healthier lives through meditation, and we’re ready to make our first full-time marketing hire!
We’re looking for a best in class digital marketer to lead customer acquisition and community engagement. This opportunity will provide a fast track to the keys to our marketing kingdom.
You are a marketing whiz, love to create and leverage content for customer acquisition and community engagement, and live and breathe all things digital. You are driven, know what you don’t know, and are passionate about meditation. You have developed thinking and practical experience on everything from content and campaign development to social brand building and engagement. You have spent 3-5 years getting your hands dirty with some interesting and applicable real world marketing experience in a B2C startup environment, on the front lines of the brand’s interactions with its customers.
A typical day at our West Village office might include laying out the content calendar for the next quarter, and responding to comments and questions coming in via social media. Following a healthy lunch at the nearby sweetgreen, you might spend the afternoon drafting the next round of email newsletters, brainstorming with the team on launching our next B2C product, and taking some time out to meditate on The Highline. You’ll be working closely with and reporting directly to our Founder & CEO, Stephen.
- Manage email, social media, and blog channels, including content generation, lists, analytics, and engagement
- Own content strategy, including production
- Design and oversee digital campaigns
- Manage programs and assets that support brand awareness and ongoing customer and public education
- Ensure consistent brand voice across all marketing efforts
- Experience in B2C marketing, including all of the following (must be able to provide specific examples):
- Social media strategy and management (ideally paid and unpaid)
- Customer acquisition strategy and execution
- Content strategy and execution
- Campaign strategy and execution
- Website strategy and execution
- Experience hiring and/or managing outside vendors
- Experience with data collection
- Personal meditation practice
- Proven reliability (we always check references via people you’ve directly reported to)
- Early-mid stage startup experience
- A strategic, creative thinker, and doer with strong attention to detail and collaborative spirit
- Right to work in the US and NYC based (non-negotiable)
Nice to Haves
- Coding and design skills
- Experience with data analysis and funnel optimization
- Experience managing employees
- Silly dance moves for when we sign new customers
- Obsession with ice cream (Ample Hills is across the street!)
Journey is on a mission to help people live happier, healthier lives through meditation. Combining ancient wisdom and modern science, our simple yet powerful technique is your path to experiencing the significant benefits of meditation. Currently in 10+ cities and quickly growing, Journey’s heart and soul is its supportive and inclusive community. Our expert teachers host in person and online classes bringing together our simple meditation with practical life lessons.
Our company culture is immensely important to us and we look for people who will support and build it.
- We are an emotionally safe environment where we show up authentically and bring our whole self to work. We are safe to take risks, be vulnerable in front of each other, and make mistakes.
- We believe in continuous personal and professional growth and we will do our part to help you on that journey. Feedback is not helpful but required. Only through open, compassionate feedback can we grow.
- Team members are fully empowered and take ownership for doing high-quality, on-time work. We all have full responsibility for the organization’s success; if we sense that something needs to happen, we have a duty to address it.
- We trust our team fully and our business information is shared openly with all team members.
Please send the below to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Information about yourself
- CV (with social media profiles)
- Work Samples:
- An example of a piece of content you produced and distributed. Please include a few sentences explaining the context of the piece, and whether or not it was a success, and why.
- An example of a B2C digital marketing campaign, ad, email, or tactic that you believe you could execute better, and how you would do so.
Please keep your application conversational, not formal, as we don’t have any application reading robots to review your materials, just good old fashioned human beings, and we want to get to know you. :)