Journey is on a mission to help people live happier, healthier lives through meditation, and we’re hiring two fall interns.
We’re looking for two passionate and inspired people committed to sharing meditation with the world. The ideal candidates are quick thinkers and fast learners with a desire to develop themselves at a rapidly growing startup. There are both development and operations components of this role, exposing you to two major aspects of any working business. The role is 15 hours per week, based in our West Village office, with a start date of September 5th.
- Coordinate on-boarding materials for new clients
Execute on client outreach initiatives
Assist with production for community classes
Streamline teacher supply management
Prepare and collect business metrics
Aid in teacher scheduling
- Host weekly community classes
You’ll receive a $1,000 stipend and school credit, if eligible.
Self Starter - You take ownership, are focused and resourceful, and can thrive with little structure.
Team First - You have a low ego, “no job is too small,” attitude. You collaborate and share credit.
Accountable - You work hard, keep your commitments, and carry yourself with an understanding that your actions contribute to everyone’s success.
Courageous - You are committed to giving and receiving open, honest feedback.
Vulnerable - You bring your full self to work and are comfortable making mistakes.
Committed - You’re passionate about the role and our mission to change the world through meditation.
Journey is on a mission to help people live happier, healthier lives through meditation. Combining ancient wisdom and modern science, our simple yet powerful technique is your path to experiencing the significant benefits of meditation. Currently in 10+ cities and quickly growing, Journey’s heart and soul is its supportive and inclusive community. Our expert teachers host in person and online classes bringing together our simple meditation with practical life lessons.
Our company culture is immensely important to us and we look for people who will support and build it.
- We are an emotionally safe environment where we show up authentically and bring our whole self to work. We are safe to take risks, be vulnerable in front of each other, and make mistakes.
- We believe in continuous personal and professional growth and we will do our part to help you on that journey. Feedback is not helpful but required. Only through open, compassionate feedback can we grow.
- Team members are fully empowered and take ownership for doing high-quality, on-time work. We all have full responsibility for the organization’s success; if we sense that something needs to happen, we have a duty to address it.
- We trust our team fully and our business information is shared openly with all team members.
- How has your past professional experience help you with this position?
- What do you aim to get out of this internship?
- Tell us a job, project, or some other experience that has left some impact on you and what was that impact?